CRC Corporate Team Building Opportunity
Help yourself by helping others
Looking for a meaningful, character developing, volunteer opportunity that is also a team building event?
Come to CRC, learn about our work, give back through service during our Community Meal Program, and be challenged by an interactive session centred on values.
A donation of $2,500 for the opportunity to bring 6 to 10 staff members to CRC for up to 5 hours for a team building exercise that includes an introduction to CRC and its work, giving back through service during our Community Meal Program, and an interactive session centred on values.
Through our Community Meal Program, people experiencing poverty or homelessness are given a warm, healthy meal, comfort and an opportunity to get connected to services that can help rebuild their lives.
We have volunteer roles with our programs that are suitable for different levels of physical ability. It is important that volunteers are matched accordingly and so please make us aware of any special issues to consider in this regard.
• Food preparation supervised by kitchen staff (comfort needed using knives).
• Meal tray preparation (requires minimal physical ability).
• Serving meals on trays to individuals using trolleys (moderate physical abilities and a lot of walking).
• Interaction with participants and supportive role for issues they are experiencing (ability to listen).
• Cleaning up of dirty dishes and the meal room space (moderate physical abilities and a lot of walking).
• Assisting with re-shelving of dishes and cleaning of kitchen for next day (requires minimal physical ability).
All volunteers are asked to wear clothing you are not worried about getting dirty and to wear closed-toe footwear (no sandals please). We will provide an apron, but bring your own if you like!
10:00 – Welcome & brief introduction to CRC
10:15 – What are your values? Facilitated Discussion and dialogue
11:00 – Tour of 40 Oaks
11:45 – Meal service including orientation, service & clean up
1:00 – Group photo (before hairnets and aprons come off!)
1:30 – Debrief, reflection, engagement, internalizing and applying the experience and your values to your own work environment
2:30 – Wrap up & thank you
Team has a group photo taken. Team is sent the photo and summary statement capsulizing the day.
A story of the team’s experience may be written up and posted on the CRC website and noted in an issue of the CRC e-newsletter, The Leaflet.
For a .pdf version, please click here.
For more information feel free to contact:
Enloe Wilson, Director of Development
416-363-4234 ext 238